rock, rhythm, and roll
OPEN TO First Time Musicians ages 5 to 7
The Pop Rocks Program is geared towards young, aspiring and beginning music students ages 5 to 7. During the 6-week program, Pop Rock students will explore music in a comfortable, non-intimidating, creative, and expressive social atmosphere centered around enjoying contemporary pop and rock music of the last 60 years. Pop Rocks focuses on the foundations of music such as rhythm, sound, basic music theory of notation, tempo, pitch, dynamics, timbre, song structure, and developing listening skills. Students explore a variety of accessible instruments, as well as vocal activities with an emphasis on active, participatory, dancing, and movement exercises. Pop Rock students will learn about the history of modern music and will also engage in a number of artistic and creative activities during the session. Students can continue the Pop Rocks program multiple sessions and will be prepared for more formal music education. ENROLL HERE
- Explore different instruments and singing to find out interests
- Learn music in a fun and supportive environment
- Build self-confidence
- Learn music fundamentals
- Active learning by doing
- Integrate art. music and movement
- Build a music foundation for more formal music education and pursuits
- Instruction by active music professionals during our 6-week program
- 1 hour weekly session for 6 weeks Thursday evenings 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Learn about musical equipment and performance
- RiverCity Rock Star Academy t-shirt
- Optional weekly 30 minute private lessons available to enrolled students at a substantial discount.